LEather coral - normal or bad?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jasno999

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a leather coral that seems to have shrunken up and turend a little black. IS this because it is sheding some skin or internal stuff as they occasionaly do or is somehitng wrong????

Also can you have a leather coral and a bubble coral in the same tank or will the leather hurt the bubble via chemical warfare?

Pic when the leateher was first put in the tank:

2152617440061578502LOMXzg_ph.jpg

or

http://community.webshots.com/photo/549704953/2152617440061578502LOMXzg

Image of leather today:

2982952550061578502JzJpnc_ph.jpg

or

http://community.webshots.com/photo/549704953/2982952550061578502JzJpnc

[/img]

What are the water parameters? Those two corals can be in the same tank. Try not to have them close. With leathers in the tank it would be a good idea to run carbon.

That Devils Hand looks completely normal for a frag that has just been through shipping. I would not worry about it at this point in time.

I will give the water parameters a check tomorrow. I need to do a 20% pwc anyway. I will post you when I can.

It did go thru shipping so maybe tha is jsut how it is reactign to a new tank and what not. Hopefully it will be ok.

For some reason I thought I read in my coral book that some members of the leaterh family can be detrimental to corals in the bubble family???

What about a tanke with Mushroom/Xyena/leather/bubble and sand polyps???

Oh and I am already running carbon - just put a new filter in the day I received the leather. I als orun some PO$ remover behind the carbon in the HOB filter. I had issues with tap water PO4 levels so I started usign the PO4 remover with great sucess.

I agree with Brenden as they can be in same tank but just separated. I have both in my tank.

Back
Top Bottom