Leila my royal gramma

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

apinkmanatee

Aquarium Advice Activist
My royal gramma has been in qt for almost 2 weeks. Was doing great. Ammonia was zero as of last night, but when I checked it this am it was .25. Sg steady at 1.023. Temp 76. Woke up this am and she wouldn't eat, saw that she had white dots like sand and also looks like cuts from her lips across her face. Her middle is losing color too. I haven't noticed any other behaviors. Is this ich? What do I do? I'm panicking. Please help!!

image-1046675994.jpg

image-1858023620.jpg

image-3127121377.jpg

Hi you could add some ammonia remover or take her out of the tank and put in another. Sounds like ammonia poisoning hope I'm not to late.

Hi you could add some ammonia remover or take her out of the tank and put in another. Sounds like ammonia poisoning hope I'm not to late.

No not too late. I did do a water change right away of course! I think the ammonia came from some old food that I didn't get out. But it looks like it ich now...she's got white spots all over and her breathing is labored. I'm gonna go for the hypo salinity treatment. Hope it works. Fingers crossed.

apinkmanatee said:
My royal gramma has been in qt for almost 2 weeks. Was doing great. Ammonia was zero as of last night, but when I checked it this am it was .25. Sg steady at 1.023. Temp 76. Woke up this am and she wouldn't eat, saw that she had white dots like sand and also looks like cuts from her lips across her face. Her middle is losing color too. I haven't noticed any other behaviors. Is this ich? What do I do? I'm panicking. Please help!!

Sounds like ich... i dont think that level of ammonia source would kill it that quickly just do a water change and another one tomorrow.. ammonia lock is a farse in my honest opinion.. i must say good job on the qt many of us never do qts till we have had an issue.. the lack of color could be due to the stress of the ich. I would dose the qt with copper to help kill the ich just make sure you never introduce any of the items in your qt back in to the dt.

jsmith said:
Sounds like ich... i dont think that level of ammonia source would kill it that quickly just do a water change and another one tomorrow.. ammonia lock is a farse in my honest opinion.. i must say good job on the qt many of us never do qts till we have had an issue.. the lack of color could be due to the stress of the ich. I would dose the qt with copper to help kill the ich just make sure you never introduce any of the items in your qt back in to the dt.

Thank you. She is doing much better now... It was looking sketchy there for awhile but she pulled through. :)

Back
Top Bottom