Lethargic trigger...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MattP725

Aquarium Advice Freak
My usually active Niger Trigger is still "Sleeping" right now. He is usually up at 6 or 7am and it is now 12:30p... When I got home last night he was sleeping also. This is very abnormal for him. I am wondering if he is sick. He looks healthy physically... The tank parameters are as follows:
ph 8.4
sal 1.024-25
Am 0
Nitrate 0
Nitrites 20-30 (has been for a while but I bought turbos yesterday to help with the diatoms)
I did add PC's yesterday... could that be affecting him in any way? I have 4x65w 2 atnics and 2 10ks... It is a 55g tank. My tang is swimming around fine and my hermit is moving back and forth. The tank temp is about 79-80... What could it be? BTW he does move when I move the rock or log he is hiding under but that is it.

Could easily be the change in light intensity. Easy way to check (corals depending) is just run with actinics for a day or so. The reduced lighting should be easier for the trigger to handle as it could be stressed. You can then increase the daylight time slowly over the next week or so by ½ hr/day until you are back up to a proper photoperiod allowing all inhabitants to adjust. This should be done anyway depending on what you upgraded from. It will help prevent coral bleaching and an onsloaght of nuisance algae growth.

One thing that never hurts as well is a few large water changes with well aged SW. I know it sounds simple but alot of times it makes a world of difference.

Cheers
Steve

Ya your prob right because although he is better now he still "sleeps" alot more. I will do what you said about the reduced lighting... came from two 24" single bulb NOs so def a big jump.

Back
Top Bottom