Lion bruised?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WillyG

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi - I spotted a large lion fish at my LFS yesterday but wonder if his colouring is correct in the throat area. I can only describe it as looking bruised (quite a large area) - I am interested in getting him for my 200 gallon system but am a little concerned - is anyone able to put my mind at rest? Unfortunately I was not able to get a good photo of the area. The fish looks happy in all other respects.

I've never heard of something like that, I'm sorry. I didn't know fish could get bruises. What kind of lionfish was it? Maybe it was just his coloring, like you suggested. I would like to think the fish was fine, considering he is eating right and acting right. Lionfish aren't very active fish, though, but you can still tell if they are healthy. I guess as long as he is perky looking and doesn't LOOK sick, he is fine. **shrugg**

Thanks for your opinions - I think I will follow the advice and hold on for a 'cleaner' example if only to be safe.

Back
Top Bottom