Lion fish on death bed!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jamesH

Aquarium Advice Activist
I think my fuzzy lion has had it all he dose is sit at the bottom panting and hasn't eaton for over a week I think it is all down to treating my tank for White spot I've put the carbon pads back in my filter and done a 40% water change what else can/should I do??

Don't no if you can tell anythink from the pic but just in case

Attachments

• image-1948303663.jpg
    image-1948303663.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 144
What are your specific water parameters (amm,nitrite, nitrates)? Laying down gasping can be caused by alot of different things. Need to know where your tanks at to be more help. Also, you mentioned you had ich, what treatment method did you use?

I was using cuprazin and it seems as he's had a bad reaction to it.
Just done water test and hear are the readings
P.h 8.0
Ammonia 0.5
Nitrite 0.0

Just mixing up 40 litres of water for a water change to night any more I could do?

I was using cuprazin and it seems as he's had a bad reaction to it.
Just done water test and hear are the readings
P.h 8.0
Ammonia 0.5
Nitrite 0.0

Just mixing up 40 litres of water for a water change to night any more I could do?

Well, with ammonia levels present, that is what is causing the labored breathing and lethargy. Your fish is suffering from ammonia poisoning, you need to do water changes until it reaches 0 and keep it at 0 if you want to save him.

This happened because you used cuprazin a.k.a copper in your DT. Cuprazin kills your nitrifying bacteria and that is what's happened to your tank. You should never use any copper treatment in your tank, that stuff is reserved for use in QT tanks only. By using it in your main tank, your going to have ammonia problems for a while until the copper gets removed. Also as a side effect, you may never be able to keep any animals sensitive to copper in that tank. The copper absorbs into everything and will take a long time to completely leach out. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Animals sensitive to copper meaning corals n inverts? Or r sum fish sensitive to it to?? I'm doing fish only with ocean rock that's y the guy at the lfs said it would be ok to treat the hole tank because all my fish have ich. Have stop treating for it because it seem to be doing more harm then good but 1 of my fish still had a couple White spots on him what should I do?

Should never treat the main tank with copper. Your LFS told you wrong on that. If you are going to treat with copper you need to QT the fish. I think Kyrpt had the right diagnosis.

Ok so what is the best corse of action for me to take I have a 125 litre tank I cud set up as a qt tank but would have to cycle first so what do I do about the ich now?

Back
Top Bottom