lionfish,bicolored angel,diamond goby.all dead!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tiredfish

Aquarium Advice Activist
my tank is a little 30 gallon with alittle bit of rock and i woke up early this morning to see my lionfish and bicolored angel dead. and then just a few hours ago my goby kicked the bucket. i had a small damsel in there to help maybe eat some algae stuff and i noticed he was missing, anyway i figured i would do my rocks differently and go a head and look for him .but in the process i stirred up a whole lot of stuff and the tank was very dirty. and also i learned today that its ok to siphon the sand or crushed coral mix every now and then(which i didnt know if you could). would that stuff being all stirred up just go and kill my fish off or what? ohh yeah i still have bugs flying on the surface of my tank , do ya think that might have done them in? :cry:

What are the water parameters for your tank? Post those and we might be able to tell what happened and prevent it from happening again. How long was your tank set up?

Jim

Sounds way overcrowed, and it seems you have little or no live rock. Live rock is very important, and id go with sand over crushed coral. Also you must do water changes, and check the parameters. Did you even cycle the tank?

yes my tank is cycled and also have about 20lbs of live florida and figi rock.i set it up aound october last fall.recently my nitrate levels have been a bit high i think reading around20 and 40.the amminia was a little high and i fixed that but only after i wake up to find them dead.i checked it like 3 days before and i usually dont check it again for like 5 days maybe a week.but im thinking the ammonia was high as hell cause maybe i stirred up all that crapmy nitrites levels are 0. my ph was fine.im a fool for having so many fish also, but i didnt think it would takem out the way it did maybe.my biggest frustration is tryin to figure out where the bugs are coming from,my girlfriend has a mini salt tank set up in the bedroom and she has the same bugs in her water.they dont have wings and they seem to just die when they hatch from thioer little larve things and they scoot around on the water and then they appear to just dieleaving a mess of them on the surface. im very confused

Back
Top Bottom