live rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

honeysuckle11

Aquarium Advice Freak
so i may have had a chemical come in my tank and poison my water but dunno for sure. was told if i put in in a bucket with ro water an a sanitly level of 1.024 a heater se to 77 and a power head i could save the live rock. just need to switch the water in 2 day and do it again and then it will be fine in my tank. Is that true?

so not much im sure maybe a alittle but im trying to save the live rock i have

I think you may be over reacting a bit, yes windex is a no no but that doesnt mean anything got into the tank. Usually a foam would be present on the waters surface along with your skimmer going nuts.

Just because she used it doesnt mean she necessarily created a problem. Wipe the glass down well with freshwater and papertowels. Go over it a few times. Change out the water to be on the safe side. No need to worry so much unless you had living things in the tank and you absolutely knew it got into the water. My wife cleaned my tank for a solid month with windex when i was not home until i seen her do it one day and told her she cant do that. Tank was ok, none got into it. If it did, it would have been a whole different story.

If you wanted to be on the safe side you would have to take everything out of the tank. Cook the rock for months in a plastic tub, sterilize your tank and do regular water changes on the tub of rock. Its a lot of hassle and waiting, especially if your not even sure it got in the water. Just trying to save you a lot of time if possible.

Back
Top Bottom