long nose butterfly fishhas white spots on his back fin and his side fins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eric faatz

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a question.i had my long nose butterfly fish for 3 wks now and it seems like he has white spots on his back fin and his side fins.i known the signs of ich but he seems fine.they seem to come and go. all my other fish are fine.i might sound crazy but when i do my water change i gently run my fingers through the live sand( i was told to do so by my lfs). it seems to me that it looks like sand dust.ther are no spots on his body and does not rub on the live rock.i watch him very closely. he eats good and acts fine.i done research on this but really can't fined what i need to know.i would like some input on this matter if possible thank you.

Could you tell us about tank parameters? (Tank size, temperature, ammonia levels, etc...)

A picture would be good too.

my tank is 75gal fowlr ammonia is 0 ppm, salinity 1.023, high ph 8.2, nitrite 025 ppm,nitrate is0.40 ppm,temp is between 77,78.i already have apic on here of my tank mates.

Back
Top Bottom