Long Rubber Gloves

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquafreak

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have read that most algae can be from contaminents to the aquarium. Where is a good place to purchase "long rubber gloves" which can be sanitized before aquarium entry for maintenance?

Thanks.

I bought some thin plastic gloves that go to the shoulder from marinedepot. They work pretty well but they don't last long till they start leaking. I thing it was 10 gloves for $5 or so.

I have seen heavier ones but I heard they leak too after awhile.

I read in "The Conscientious Marine Aquarist" that the author wears gloves. I've had this 'algae' problem lately and I'm going to try everything I can to solve it. Plus, I've been thinking about how fragile the aquarium actually is biologically and I'd rather keep it pure as possible, you know?

And thanks for the help ;)

I saw Rubber Gloves posted by somebody called "aquafreak" and was wondering what kind of place this is! Keep your sick :wink: thoughts out of MY tank! :mrgreen:

ha ha, phishead. :Fade-color
I can see where the gloves might be necessary though, and if I was having an issue I would probably try that first.

coralife makes the aquagloves. These work pretty good. Although they sometimes leak.

One of my coralife gloves started leaking within a month of getting them. I wish someone would make a thinner more durable glove. I always wear them when I am working in the tank.

I have the big coralife gloves, too. No leak problems but they are way too big and clumsy--I can't do any fine work in them at all. Might be less of a problem for a guy, though--the gloves are clearly made for male hands.

Thanks. I've ordered a pair of the cheap ones from MarineDepot.com. Planned on keeping my dirty hands out of the tank as much as possible.

Cheers :)

Back
Top Bottom