Long skinny leg of Anemone normal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dcgray125

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hello, my anemone looked like it was dying yesterday, stringy things were coming off of him and his tentacles were shriveled up and the other fish were eating the stringy things? He was next to a leather coral so I moved him away. He looks a little better today but not much, can anyone tell me if he's ok? Please help I’ve had him for about 4-6 months. He attached himself inside this rock and I can't move him without hurting him any suggestions? I have a 125 gallon saltwater with 7 beginner fish, 2 pajama fish, 2 tomato clowns, black & white striped damsel, red starfish , sandsifting starfish, clam, leather coral, snails and a hermit crab. Water permaters are in check, 2 metal halide lights about 1 yr old.

Attachments

• Sea Anenome Bottom.jpg
    Sea Anenome Bottom.jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 148
I'm not sure, I've seen him spit out the leftovers of a fish he caught but this didn't look like it. seems to be doing better so maybe he was pooping :)

Out on the reef you will see some anemone shedding a layer of slim. But I'm not say this my be the case

Back
Top Bottom