long tentacle anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coltsfan82

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello. We recently purchased a purple LTA, about 3 weeks ago. For the first couple weeks, it seemed to do well. It buried its foot in the crevice of a rock, and it ate well. A couple days ago, I came home to find it out of the rock and sideways, like it had been knocked over by the current. It ended up moving around a few times and now seems to be settled on another rock. I'm a little concerned because it seems a little more pale than before. Its foot is of normal color and I do not see tears. I saw it's mouth yesterday and it was closed, not saggy or open. It isn't deflated or anything. I've been feeding it once a week, but fed it again today, thinking maybe it isn't getting enough. It took the food well. My tank lighting is: t5, 50% actinic and 50% white, 54w bulbs. Is this enough lighting? How long do you recommend I leave the lighting on throughout the day? currently it is on a 12 hour cycle. Any suggestions? Thoughts? Maybe I'm just being paranoid?

How many bulbs on your tank? You said they were t5 54 watts, but didn't mention quantity. I also would slow down on the feeding. Although they appreciate a little every once in a while, they get most of their nutrition from the zooxanthellae inside of them. I've never fed mine since October.

75 gal, about 4 ft long and about 2 or 2 1/2 ft deep. And, the LTA doesn't seem to be traveling to find higher ground at all. I'm thinking, I accidentally let the water get too low. When i realized it, obviously I added more. But, maybe the shift was a bit much for it.

Back
Top Bottom