Long tentacle anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crystalbivens1

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Should I be concerned because I am? Last night the tentacle had its foot in the sand, I checked on him this morning and he has taken his foot out of the sand. I tried to feed him but he didn't seem interested. His tentacles are still full and his mouth is closed. Worried because I purchased this tank already set up about two months ago and I have never seen him take his foot out. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Attachments

• image-3755692501.jpg
    image-3755692501.jpg
    231.1 KB · Views: 109
Was there always brown algae on the sand? I might be wrong but I think brown algae forms with high levels of nitrates...so maybe check nitrate levels?

Do not worry about feeding right now. He is just moving to a spot he likes. 99% of the time they don't like the spots we pick for them. Feeding when you first put them in the tank just stresses them. I never fed mine the ten years I had him in the tank. They get all they need from the lighting and water column. I personally don't think your lighting is enough. Usual stock lighting never is. They need high intensity lighting.

The brown algea is from it cycling, I purchased the tank already set up when I got it about two months ago that's where the anenome was, I have never seen him do this before which is why I'm so worried.

If that is a biocube does it have the regular hood lights? If so that is not near enough light for him. I have a biocube and had to move a bubble tip out because of the lighting.

Back
Top Bottom