Long tenticle anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cunningham

Aquarium Advice Regular
I was wondering about this thing it's really big now and I've had it for a few years and i heard from someone it could split in half. Is that possible? Or is there a way I can help it do it cuz it's starting to get too big in my tank but my clownfish just love it.
If anyone knows how to either help it or things i can do to maybe speed I up I'm open for ideas
Thanks
Dan

they normally split when they are stressed, I've seen videos on utube how to split a nem,whether I would try it though is another matter.

I;ve heard they split when they are happy and need to. I;d like the answer to this question as well....

They can split in either case. Every article I've read saying nems split because they are stressed, I can find another that contradicts it. I honestly don't know the real answer. Both reasoning make sense to me. I've seen a rose bta split by being cut in half. It's not something I would ever try or recommend, but it was interesting. Both halfs lived as well.

yep. there are vids of people cutting anemones in halves and even quarters and making 4 anemones. i wouldn't do it. i would sell the big anemone and get the clowns a new, small one. they won't mind either way.

I heard that the clownfish might not like just any anemone I throw in there and I don't want them to not be happy cuz if u seen them in this one it's their home.

There is no guarantee they will host ANY nem. It's all just how the fish are. They are known to host many other things though, corals, powerheads the sand anything in the tank is open game.

I have one clown that host my clam. My two clarkii's went from my green to rose, until finally settling on my condy. It's always hit or miss

Back
Top Bottom