LOOK AT WHAT I FOUND THANKS TO PICs!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stresco

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was taking pics of my "sick" Birdsnest to post on this thread:

coralhttp://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=24419&highlight=

and i found this crab hiding in there! Is he killing my coral? How do i get him out of the BirdsNest without killing it?

I got him. I used a pair of scissors and snipped off his claws, he cam running out :twisted:

Thats him without his huge claws. Any idea of what it is?

If the crab is living in the coral, it's probably a commensal crab doing the coral no harm whatsoever.

used a pair of scissors and snipped off his claws, he cam running out

:( Nice.

Not sure what is wrong with your coral, but they need a lot of light, and a lot of water flow. It probably doesn't like sitting on the substrate.

It would have been nice to find out what he was before you tortured and mutilated him..

If you could have gotten him with siccors, you could have gotten him with tweasers. :evil:

Your dead now Stresco....precisley why I am very careful of what I say. The linch mob is now forming.... :lol:

Ack them all!!! I didnt have any tweesers, and it was late. It was either me, or my tusk. I rather is was me, because i dont think my tusk would have cared if he destroyed the coral trying to get him. And maybe if someone would have id is sooner, i would have spared him instead of attacking me 4 days later. Hindsite is always 20/20. And ill tell you this now, IF I CANT ID IT, IT WILL DIE. I have spent too much money on corals to and the like to have anything in my tank that may be a threat. So get over it!!!!!

I read your post, and your point is valid. I dont think i need to try and explain my actions. I took no pleasure in what happend, I felt horrible when i grabbed him with the scissors and as i was pulling him out his claws snipped off. If he would have come out without losing his limbs, his ultimate fate would have been the same, seeing as i had noplace to keep these unknown creatures. I dont know, maybe i should have offered him a last meal and a final cigarette (oh waite, smoking is bad)?

Wow you think he woulda learned if he read my post :)
heh
Good for you !
As for the coral, hope it pulls through !
I'm higher on the food chain ! If someone can reach in my house and rip off my arms, then he's higher then me on the food chain !

XXFirefighter said:
Wow you think he woulda learned if he read my post :)
heh
Good for you !
As for the coral, hope it pulls through !
I'm higher on the food chain ! If someone can reach in my house and rip off my arms, then he's higher then me on the food chain !

LMAO

If someone came in and ripped your family members arms off you'd be demanding the police, fbi and everyone else do everying in their power to find the culprit.

You wouldn't just go " Oh well, hes higher than me on the food chain " :roll:

When I locked and moved the other thread, I had no idea it had spilled into this one.

Each side has made their point, and I don't think either side will convert the other. I will try to keep everyones comments in mind the next time I boil some crabs (alive) for dinner ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom