Loss of "Rex" the Jewel Moray

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And i forgot this if it isn`t in the other post, you not nearly enough LR in that tank for four eels least enough for two

While I am sorry for your loss, it wasnt due to "old age" that your Jeweled died. It was undoubtably something to do with your tank. Jeweled Morays have a 25 year life span...not 7.5, or 10...to be on the safe side. Whether or not it was wounded by a Green, you said it had completely healed.

Also...I find it hard to believe that you do not have recent photos of your Fimbriated Morays because they are "reclusive". Fibriated Morays are one of the most UN-reclusive eels, in this hobby. Not only that, but they are also one of the most aggressive and territorial eels. They are a species that demands a species only tank, with no tankmates...not even other eels. It is my opinion that either both of these eels died a while ago, or one has eaten the other.

It's nothing to be ashamed of, if you're reluctant to speak the truth. I just dont believe that you cant get any recent shots of these eels. Once Fimbriated Morays learn who their owner is, they're very quick to come out, waiting for feeding time...it's hard to believe that you just cant walk by the tank, and have 10 or 15 pictures in a 5 minute time period.

10 or 15 pictures in a 5 minute time period
With me with that species of eel i take 15 photos in one minute for it ore daring to move into the open :!:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom