Lost a turbo today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redneckgearhead

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well when i woke up this morning and walked by the tank i noticed my turbo snail was on the intake side of one of my PH's well i unplugged the PH and the turbo fell to the bottom of the tank dead of course. My question is should i leave him for the hermits and emerald to clean up or take him out? I have put notches in the intake tube of the power head so that maybe next time a snail gets up there it wont suck him outa his shell, but we will see.

They make a sponge like material that goes over the intake so as not to k,ill inverts that happen to make it to the intake. Maybe your LFS has some.

I'd take him out, once they start rotting, they make your water smell terrible for days.

Krypt's right. Your tank will smell pretty awful if you don't take him out. However, if you choose to let him become food for the tank, a couple water changes should reduce the smell.

The way I look at it is: if you can see that an inhabitant is dead...take it out. Your CUC comes into play when you can't find it or it's behind your LR.

Back
Top Bottom