Over the last 4 days, I've lost three mushrooms (they died, I didn't "lose" them).
The 3nd is now a pile of pink jelly I need to siphon out.
Two were both green flourescent shrooms
. The first one was a reddish-brown, normal kind, nothing special.
These have been excelling for months - nothing has changed, if anything, water quality has improved.
They're at the bottom of the tank, under 2x175w 14K MH
+ 2x65W PC
The lost shrooms
are on the same rock. There's one remaining green flourescent on there who seems to be okay.
There's another rock, with more shrooms
, but the green bumpy/pimply kind, right next to this one.
Is it possible the jelly goo from the first one hurt the two next to it and killed them off?
Strangely, one of the green shrooms
just split, the split/child/whatever is still fine.
Do mushrooms have a set life span?
The only change is two weeks ago I started using Reef Crystals instead of Instant Ocean.
Everything else is doing fine *except* a frogspawn that has 3 heads - one of the heads has been deflated for two days. The other 2 heads look great.
All of my params are very stable:
Ammonia/Nitrite: 0 (has been for a long time)
Nitrate: 10ppm - fluctuates from 4ppm to 12ppm or so with PWC
: 1.023 (stable)
Temp: 82F (max range from 81.0 to 82.5F)
pH: 8.24 (swings from 8.1 in morning to 8.3 late evening)
: 9.15 (very stable)
: 360 (declines to 320 prior to PWC
I've been doing no dosing or additives since moving to reef crystals. RO
water with TDS