LTA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Emelinda76

Aquarium Advice Freak
MY long tentacle Anenome which was brown has lost it's brown/ purple color n has not filled up the way it use to In several months....

Although I just recently had a nitrate spike but his behavior started sometime ago n don't think this had anything to do..

Water parameters have been normal , temp, Lighting n flow has not changed.

This behavior is also true for my green bubble Anenome...which is on the oppsoite end of my 220 g tank

Theie foot still sticks to crevice n not moving around as I would think they would for not being happy

What are your thoughts?

Ps. I also have a condy Anenome which seems to b doing fine in color , growth n not moving around ..

how long have you had the T5 lamps? how many lamps in that fixture again?
have you tried to hand feed the anemones meaty foods?

This is a before pic of the Anenomes.. I'll post pic of them now When I get home

Attachments

• image-2637018394.jpg
    image-2637018394.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 107
  • image-183100324.jpg
    image-183100324.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 108
they weren't even healthy then. they are losing color when you got them. i would be feeding them at least once a week. in many cases, this will provide enough nutrients to help them recover.

mr_X said:
they weren't even healthy then. they are losing color when you got them. i would be feeding them at least once a week. in many cases, this will provide enough nutrients to help them recover.

This is what the brown LTA looks now ;(

Attachments

• image-311563578.jpg
    image-311563578.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 93
mr_X said:
yikes! have you tried feeding?

O just started n yes it been eating ;;). Maybe it's been starving ;(

Look little better today

Attachments

• image-3548218244.jpg
    image-3548218244.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 69
I would feed it a little bit daily so it can recover. How many bulbs is the t5ho fixture? Is it individually reflected?

slitherbomb said:
I would feed it a little bit daily so it can recover. How many bulbs is the t5ho fixture? Is it individually reflected?

Yes.. There's 8 white n 4 blue actinics

Back
Top Bottom