Lucky fin Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WarOrks15

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok so I bought 2 clown fish on Friday and they are the only fish in my tank right now (46 gal). When I got up this morning I was looking at one of them and he has a lucky fin. One of the fins on his body dose not moves and it looks like there is a little cut on the fin. Is there any thing I should do? Should I take him back? Or will he just be fine

Could simpley be an injury from netting at the LFS and/or transfer to your tank. Best suggestion is keep an eye on it for possible infection and feed with fortified vitamin foods. That combined with good water quality, the fish should in time recover on it's own.

Cheers
Steve

well i really can not getthem to eat any thing right now i do not know if it is because they are new to the tank or what. and the fortifed vitamins what are some of the foods that would work for that. i am trying to feed them tetra marine flakes and tetra whole brine shrimp right now.

and why i am at it how much should i be paying for a fish at the LFS i got the 2 clowns for 100. is that way to much or what they go for at a LFS. i know that i couyld get them online but i live in MN an it is like 0 right now and most of the week the high will not be much higher then 5. so i did not want to order online and i really do not trust that shipping thing.

They may yet be a bit skiddish since the move but be sure you do not overfeed in hopes of getting them to eat. In the short term I would stick with the brine or mabye mysis fortified with Zoe. It's not the best food but it should entice them faster than flake or other type foods and the Zoe will boost the nutritional value. Just be sure the foods are not too large for them or it may just get spit out. If that's the case, you may need to try a different food or spin it through the blender/foodprocessor to break it up. Once they are accepting the foods and a bit more "settled", you can opt for a more nutritious food supp.

Make sure you also keep tabs on the water quality and do the necessary water changes to keep it in line.

Your LFS took you for bit of a ride on the cost. Locally, they cost me $19.00 for WC and about $25.00 for TR, that's in Canadian $$ so a little less in US $.

Cheers
Steve

It depends on the species of clown you bought but even expensive clowns here are no more than $30 each.

There are lots of website you can order fish from. I've heard good things about LiveAquaria.com

There are lots of website you can order fish from. I've heard good things about LiveAquaria.com

OMG...the LFS ripped you off....bring it back if you can....damn. :x

Wow...I can't believe how much they charged you for those clowns! I think I only paid like 20$ for my pair of clowns. Ask them why the heck they are charging you sooooo much!!!!!

i have no idea but the one with the "lucky fin" died to day. i took him back and will get a new one after the mate get a little better. We think he might have Ick.

Back
Top Bottom