Lump on Regal Tang??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BlueDolphin

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have tried to get a picture of my blue tang to show you guys, but she never sits still for a second. Even when I do get a picture of her, the lumpiness never shows up in the image. I was just wondering if anyone who has/had a regal tang could tell me if what I am seeing is normal? I'm not sure if it is the tang's bony structure, or if she has a lump on her side close to her midregion, ventrally placed. This "lump" is more pronounced on her left side, but she is also a little lumpy on her right side. She is very small - maybe two inches. I have tried to look up pictures on the internet to see if she looked normal, but to no avail. Am I just worrying about nothing?

Ok, so I've searched many many pictures of the regal tang and finally found one that kind of resembles what I am seeing, except on my tang it seems more lumpy. I don't know... I was just hoping that fellow blue tang owners could ease my mind. In the picture I am attaching it just looks to be the bone structure (behind the pectoral fin) of the fish.

The "lump" you are seeing is the fish's gut and the foods the little piggy is cramming in there 8O . That for the most part is quite normal for a Regal. Not like other fish where the gut typically stays smooth.

Thankfully the fish pic you've posted is not your's or you'd also be needing to treat for C. irritans :wink:

Cheers
Steve

I think it might also be some sand that she might have picked up w/ the grazing. My cousin's Regal have those lumps 24/7 and poops out sand...Which a lot of his fish seem to love but then spit out because they realize its sand, ahaha.

I guess I was just over-worrying about my tang ever since my clown died... Thankfully my tang has been doing wonderfully in the main tank for over a month now.

But, I did watch her closely today and it did seem that she was more "lumpy" after I fed her. She IS a piggy! :lol:

Steve, I am also glad that picture is not my tang - I didn't even notice the spots when I first looked at the picture. You're good! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom