?lymphocystis or ich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishdoc

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have attached the pics of the affected clown. I just added fish to the aquarium yesterday( 2 perc clowns, coral beauty and a BHT ) The levels are WNL. I did not note these changes on the fish when I added him but they were there today. He is not scratching and is eating. Very active. I have placed him in a QT bowl, I will plan on getting a 10g. any Idea what this is, do I treat it and if so how? What about the other fish? Thanks.
I do have some inverts in the display tank.

Guys, I need some help here. The white stuff is spreading. Fish still looks good though. He was acclimated with the lights off, floated the bag for 15 min, then added a cup of my tank water every 5min, then spilled out half and repeated the process, added the fish to the tank after the bag was full a second time. I added two clowns and one of them fell in the sink for a second. It may have been this one. Thanks again.

Attachments

• clown_1_177.jpg
    clown_1_177.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 105
  • clown_2_180.jpg
    clown_2_180.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 117
I'm not sure what it is, but I don't think it's ick. If you had a refractometer and a QT, a hyposalinity course wouldn't hurt, but I wouldn't resort to copper unless you're sure it's ick and can't do hypo.

Hard to tell, I'd guess fungal?

We are sorry for your loss.

Does the store you bought him from have a return policy? Something that develops that quickly is almost certianly something he had before he came to your home.

Is this a brand new tank? Is it cycled?

The place I bought the fish from was reefhotspot.com. They have VG prices and are supposed to have a 14d guarantee. I am waiting to hear back from them.
Yes, the tank had been cycled for 2months and levels were normal for 2weeks prior to adding the fish. I had 3 damsels that I returned to the LFS so the bioload should not change much.
Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom