Madarin goby losing weight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

couture99

Aquarium Advice Regular
I guys, so have had my little gobie for over 3 years, he was happy healthy eating everything...and fat, over the last few weeks he has stopped eating and us extremely thin... Tried soaking mysis in garlic, and added brine shrimp to entice but not helping... Any suggestions

I agree copeods are a must. It is not un normal for Mandarins to randomly stop eating prepared foods.

If you have a sump and access to trigger pods you might try to add them at night so hopefully they don't all get eaten by the other fish before your mandarin to eat them.

Just a little FYI......tigger pods are a cool water species and will die pretty quickly in our warm water systems. They end up being a very expensive little treat. They are, however, very easy to get to reproduce outside your tank. Buy a bottle and dump in it an unheated, unfiltered 1 or 2 gal container and feed them ground up flake food. In a month, 100 tigger pods will become a few thousand. ;)

I completely agree..... you need pods for mandarins. Prepared food should be a backup if that.... or a supplement. Good luck with your mandarin. AND BUY SOME PODS!!!!! haha

Thank you! Picked up some pods from lfs- shop owner said she had trouble keeping mandarins any longer than 3 yrs... Anyone know average life spam?

I don't exactly but my friend from high school that got me in the hobby, hers is 6 years old.

Just an update- "goby" is doing fine now, fat and happy;) thank you all for your tips

Back
Top Bottom