Major Algee Problem!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

leephilps

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello

Please view the attached picture, it shows my problem pretty well, I have tried removing the Algee manually but it always comes back and is also in my substrate. I'm finding that some air bubbles form under some parts of the Algee in the larger blooms, has anyone had the same issue with this and how to tackle it?
My levels are good with ammonia and nitrates at 0. The 1 fish and two cleaner shrimps I have seem healthy and arnt bothered by the stuff!

HELP!

Attachments

• image-639676952.jpg
    image-639676952.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 138
It`s being fed by excessive nutrients. We have a good article about cyano in our SW articles section. Try feeding every other day and siphon up as much as possible. Not using tap water are you?

Having the same problem.....its driving me nuts!! Been doing a bunch of 25% water changes,siphoning etc and levels are fine...sometimes my snails seem to be helping...do you have any snails?

Have you checked your phosphate level? Thats the source of the hair algae in my tank. I'm actively trying to correct it with RO water, constant pwc and I'm running GFO. I also have a bunch of snails and a sea hare that are helping it along. :)

just a thought

do you have any corals? if not turn the lights off for a week,this will get rid of it but you will need to find the problem feeding it,nutrients,source water,water flow?

if you are feeding your fish frozen food, rinse the food before you feed the fish and never let the water that is in the cup get into the tank its filled with all kinds of stuff that just promotes cyano bacteria to grow.

Back
Top Bottom