Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 05-25-2007, 01:06 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

I have 125g tank w/125lr. The tank has been set-up 2years. i have waited to get my mandrin because I know they only eat pods. Actually I put him in the main first ( I acclimated by dripping 2 hrs ) but removed him an hr later because of the white spots. I have read about them usually not geting ick because of their slim coats thats why I didn't want to qt him at first. When I saw the specs I freaked.( Maybe moved to fast)I seeded my qt with fber fill from my main. Will this not have pods? Will the lr and the sand from the main not havew pods? He is sifting and picking at the sand. I am concerned about him not getting enough to eat in qt. How do you treat a mandrin for parasites

tmkx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 11:41 AM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Are you sure that it has ich?

What is your substrate? I have occasionally mistaken a grain of sand for ich. Taking the time to look closely (and putting on my reading glasses <G>) reveals the truth.

You can buy pods online but it can get expensive for an 8 week hypo cure.

You can get them from online retailers like Ashby Aquatics, Reed Maricluture, Sachs and others. Check with your lfs to see if they carry them.

cmor1701d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 08:01 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular
If you feel the need to keep the madrin in QT you could always throw in some of your 125lb of rock in with him...that will place some food into the tank with it.
KurtsReef is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com