Marine Head and Lateral Line Erosion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oceandelight

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have heard of lateral line erosion but i haven't ever heard of marine head erosion and while i was doing some reaseach this morning i found this artical http://64.233.187.104/search?q=cach...6/sp/index.php+Acanthurus+coeruleus+ich&hl=en

has anyone ever had any fish with this? this looks really really similar to what my tangs looked like b4 they died when we were trying to cure them of ich in the hyposalinity. we frequently tested the ph salinty and amm. and they always came back as normal and only my tangs died all of the other fish i have in hyposalinty are perfectly happy and healthy. could this have been what caused the dead? any thought?

Wow! Those fish look awful. I actually had a yellow tang who had lost his fins like this. He looked like he had a mohawk, just the point of the top fin remained. He was fine, didn't die, but his color never returned to normal and I was told he would never grow back the fins because they were eroded down to the body.

This was a fish that was given to me with an entire 15G tank setup. I did have to eventually retire him as he would no let me add any new fish once I moved him and all other inhabitants to a larger tank.

I never new what caused the problem though.

I have never had fish with it but it is normal for tangs who do not have a healthy diet. Did you feed nori at least 3 times a week? I sometimes soak nori with selcon or garlic before placing it in the tank. My tangs are the fattest fish in my tank. :) I have seen tangs with it at LFS because they only feed flake.

Yeah my tangs were all really really healthy till the ICH problem and then we moved them in to QT and started HYPO and 4 days later they were all dead. i feed them nori every day almost and i soaked it in garlic, zoe, and zoe con so i dunno. i think it was just a freak thing that happend.

My tang had lost it's fins before I got it (it came with the tank). I did not have a chance to make sure he was eating right. I did get some calerpa for my regal tang and she just ate it up! I bought it because it looked cool, and it became fish food!

Can you buy calerpa in some form other than live algae?

That's a really nice article, dude. Thanks for sharing that with us. Now I end up over-observing my tank after that article. I am worried now.

Naah, but it looks very plump, bright, and healthy. so far......

Back
Top Bottom