Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-30-2016, 11:44 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Marine Ich

Hello,
Does any one have any experience and advice dealing with marine ich? After I cycled my tank, all my fish died from ich. I waited about 3 weeks then bought two damsels. One died two days later and had no signs of ich. I took it back to my LFS with a sample of my tank water. They said my parameters were good: pH 8.0, ammonia 0 ppm, nitrite 0 ppm, nitrate 5 ppm, specific gravity 1.022.
They refunded my money for the fish and then I bought 2 damsels (yellow tail & domino) and a pajama cardinal.

My fish were doing good for about 2 weeks. They were eating fine and being active. Suddenly I see just a few ich spots on the cardinal. Today I the morning they all had ich except one of my yellow tail damsels.

My question now is does any one have experience getting rid of ich? I also have inverts: hermit crabs, shrimp, sand sifting starfish, and some small feather dusters on my live rock. I know that copper based medications are not good for inverts. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Old 06-30-2016, 12:08 PM   #2
SW REEF 18+ YEARS
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award

This is my experience

An Ounce of Prevention is Worth a Pound of Cure: A Quarantine Tank for Everything by Steven Pro

Marine Ich/Cryptocaryon irritans - A Discussion of this Parasite and the Treatment Options Available, Part I by Steven Pro

Marine Ich/Cryptocaryon irritans - A Discussion of this Parasite and the Treatment Options Available, Part II by Steven Pro

SITE ADMINISTRATOR

You can view many of my fish and corals in my photo albums in my profile.

View my tank

AA Community Rules|AA TOS

Forums 101 - posting, accounts, basics
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 12:27 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

Thanks, I'll read them.

Old 06-30-2016, 12:58 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

I have had exspirience with it. 2 years ago I lost a coral beauty and Royal grama to ick. The only thing that survived was my clownish which will be 4 years old in 3 weeks. I know of methods to get rid of it but a hardy fish like clownfish maybe a good idea. Also a large water change would help.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Old 08-19-2016, 08:28 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Regular

Update!!!
Well it's been well over a month and a half, so I guess it's safe to say that all my fish are free of ich. Yay! ::tapping heels in mid air::

What was my remedy, you might ask? Garlic! At the time, I was desperate because I hadn't gotten the chance to buy Kent Garlic extreme so I squeezed some fresh garlic to get a couple drops. I used it as a pre-soak on their food and it worked. I now pre-soak their food with Kent products: garlic extreme, zoe, and zoecon.

Tags
ich, marine

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com