Marine ICH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rincie

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My 100 gallon saltwater tank and just been infested with ICH. I have FOWLR and have been treating the tank with Rid ICH. I didn't have any problems until I introduced a powder blue tang into the tank. About 2 weeks later we have ICH. I have treated once and then did a 25% water change and treated again. The fish look good until about 5pm in the evening when they start breaking out with ICH again. The bottle of Rid ICH say to do a partial water change before each treatment, is this safe? I don't want my newly established tank to go through a mini cycle. It's only been set up for a little over 3 months now. Any suggestions? Will this just run its course and should I continue to use Rid ICH? Please help.

The Rid Ich is useless. It is not adviseable to treat the main tank with any type of medication as well. Do you have a QT? I am assuming that you did not QT the PBT.

You will need to remove all of your fish to a QT and treat with hyposalinity. The main tank will need to be fishless for up to 6 weeks. Do a search here, WWM...or even google on how to treat Ich with hyposalinity.

Good luck

These snake oil, pour in your tank remedies do nothing but clog filters. Quick fixes do not usually work.
Do you truly have a FO tank? No inverts or coral?
If so you could always treat the main with hypo, or use the qt method mentioned above.
How much LR do you have?

hypo in a tank that big would take for ever to lower the salinity enough and then cost a fortune raising it back up,i did it in a 130g once and ill never do it again in a tank that size,ive found copper to work the best by far but you do need a qt tank for that and it needs to be big enough for all your fish not just 1 or 2 at a time

I used hypo on my 210, in the end it was what finally rid my system of it.

Back
Top Bottom