Marine ich in reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If I was to run my spare HOB HOW LONG WOULD it take for it to get seeded with BB and have an instant cycled tank?

Isn't the best pic but you can sorta see it on his chin it doesn't stop swimming :/

Attachments

• image-2534312066.jpg
    image-2534312066.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 66
Isn't the best pic but you can sorta see it on his chin it doesn't stop swimming :/

I would research ich before you jump to any conclusions here... Do you see the fish flashing against rocks, sand, etc? Breathing heavy?

No he seems fine the only time he goes near the sand is when my damsel swims over the top of him so he swims down on top of my plate coral

And he eats and swims fine it's always swimming straight in front of my power head it doesn't go anywhere else in the tank

Hard to tell on my phone, but it almost looks like cottonmouth (Columnarus). Its bacterial. Often comes when there are poor water conditions. Ich does not localize like that. It is usually tiny spots all over.

Oh really maybe ill take my water into the LFS to get there opinion on it I used the api master test kit and I have the master reef kit also all the results came back good :/ ill be home tomorrow morning so ill do a 30% water change and see of that helps its also on one of his side fins would that also be cotton mouth he has some small white spots on his body too

Go with cupramine it's a different based copper solution!! Won't leach into your rock or sand bed!!! Don't it bunch of times and no coral has ever died after putting it back in as long as I used cuprazorb and lots of carbon!!!! And QT your coral cause they are not going to be treated and will have to sit with out any fish or new additions to the tank for at least 2 months!!!! Bummer

If it is bacterial, then copper (or related) will not help. If it were a parasite, and using cupramine, then I would treat the fish in QT and keep corals in the DT.

Correct, flukes are a parasite. Flukes has not been mentioned here. He started off thinking it was Ich, but also mentioned a big white patch near the mouth and only a few other spots. I have never seen or heard of Ich doing that. That sounds bacterial. Antibiotics or dips would work for that. Copper won't.

I haven't been home in 3 days my house mate has been doing my lights and feeding hopefully my fish are doing okay

So just got home and had a look at my clown and tried to get a few more pics to help identify what this is I'm thinking it might be cotton mouth

Attachments

• image-43313092.jpg
    image-43313092.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 42
  • image-4084107329.jpg
    image-4084107329.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 49
Back
Top Bottom