Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral

Join Aquarium Advice Today
View Poll Results: Should Water Temperature Be Raised Near 86 degrees to prevent Ich in Marine Aquarium?
Yes 1 16.67%
No 5 83.33%
Maybe - Proceed with Caution! 0 0%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 10-19-2005, 08:38 PM   #11
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via Yahoo to Hara
I do not advocate anyone going against main stream thinking, especially if that is where they are comfortable. I will however, stand by my position in that my temp stays in the neighborhood of 83 degrees, my salinity is 1.025, I add garlic oil and vitamins to the fish food, I NEVER quarantine...I never get ich. Let me repeat, I am not saying for everyone to quit quarantining fish or anything like that. That is indeed, a nice safe practice, not for just ich, but for many diseases new fish can bring.

I can say from my experience, that the above method, works for me.

Hara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 09:00 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict
Nothing wrong with going away from mainstream, provided you have plenty of research to back up your reasons for potentially risking the health of your fish, inverts, etc.

Also, I've kept FW multiple tanks, for over two years, and NEVER had ich. Never had it in 16 months of keeping a SW tank either.

Former advisor and planted tank geek...life's moved on though.
malkore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 10:30 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Activist
Send a message via MSN to Jasonanatal
Sounds good guys. I will definitely do that. Thank you for all the usefull advice.
Jasonanatal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 01:33 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak
Yeah i agree with Hara here. I keep my temp about 81-82 and have had no problems since my first ich break out when I first set up my tank. I also qt all my new fish and give them a fw dip befor going into the main tank. But there are ALOT of people on here that say fw dips do nothing but stress the fish out. I disagree with this.

90 gal sw
Wet/Dry w/ LR ruble
2x Maxi-Jet 1200 Power Head
PC Lighting
Remora pro skimmer
90 lbs LR
80 lbs of Carib Sea

Majestic Angel, Pink spotted gobie. Black percular clown, Coral Beauty, Lt. Tang, Mitratus B/F, Multicolor Dwarf Angelfish
sango is offline   Reply With Quote

ich, marine, temperature, water temperature

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com