Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-29-2009, 12:24 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

maroon clown a killer

I was on vacation for three weeks. My friend was taking care of a tank. I came back five days ago and i notice my two cleaner shrimps were gone. I had them for over two years. I thought maybe something happen or some problems with melting. So today i bought two cleaners and as soon i droped them in tank my maroon bite one so many times and really killed and eat him. Blue tank<hippo> was so agressive to. Actually he start getting to second one to and together they killed another one so my 50 bucks. What happend when i was gone? I have clown and hippo for over two years and they were ok with cleaner shrimps. Can you guys help me? Please!!!

Old 07-29-2009, 07:25 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

If it's the maroon with yellow stripes, it's said to be an aggressive fish and is a carnivore the Tang is suppose to be peaceful. Do you know if the fish were being fed enough and or eating while you were gone? Have your water parameters changed?

Old 07-29-2009, 09:32 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via ICQ to Speakerman Send a message via AIM to Speakerman Send a message via MSN to Speakerman Send a message via Yahoo to Speakerman
sounds to me like the fish were not fed on a regular basis while you were gone, decided they didn't want to starve, and developed this new aggressive behavior to stay alive.

The same thing will happen to freshwater fish, If I leave and don't feed my oscars, dude....they go moderator edit and try to eat anything
Old 07-29-2009, 09:52 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speakerman View Post
sounds to me like the fish were not fed on a regular basis while you were gone, decided they didn't want to starve, and developed this new aggressive behavior to stay alive.

The same thing will happen to freshwater fish, If I leave and don't feed my oscars, dude....they go moderator edit and try to eat anything
Ouch

Tags
clown, maroon clown

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com