Melafix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Salt4Us

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Our scooter blenny has one cloudy eye, we lost our fire fish or rather can't find him anymore and it also had a cloudy eye but figured it was from a battle with a brittle worm (we have a lot of them) Has anyone ever used Melafix it says it's reef safe but our corals are doing so well and there is no way we will be able to capture the scooter he's way too fast.

Look forward to replies,

Kaurene

Just doing several (3-4) large water changes over the next week or two will allow him to heal naturally. Be sure to use sw that is mixed for 24hrs. Clean your filters and skimmer also. If you don't have a skimmer you may want to consider getting one. You can also run new carbon or do a polyfilter to help expedite things. Doing just this, he should heal without dealing with any meds. I don't think I would put Melafix in a reef tank. Everything gets coated in that stuff, you know, how will the corals / inverts react? Plus the real problem is usually excess doc / bacteria and it's not addressing that, everything else I mentioned does. Amazing, in such a complex hobby the water change is still the best cure to most common problems. IE, low PH, high doc, bacteria, low Ca or trace elements, high ammonia, high nitrite, and high nitrate. HTH :wink:

Back
Top Bottom