Midas blenny Update... Advice needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Notafan21

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So in the beginning of August my quarantined midas blenny suffered a large wound on his side and on part of his fin. I treated him with 2 courses of antibiotics and from what I can see the wound went from white to necrotic black and is now mostly healed. His fin is still missing a large chunk. I still have to target feed him, as he does not seem motivated to move from his spot. He does have the ability to swim. My question is that since he is mostly healed up and it has been determined that he does not have any diseases, should I try putting him in the DT? It seems that he is stressed being in this small tank. I am wondering if a bigger tank would in the long run reduce stress. What do you guys think?

the problem with the DT tank is that he is going to have competition for food... as long as he is eating without any problems in the DT tank than you should be fine

So I added him to the DT on Sat. night. My QT tank is down in my basement with very low lighting. Due to my low lighting and his refusal to move from his back corner spot in the tank I was unable to see how sickly skinney he got. I knew that he hadn't been eating well, but he is almost a swimming skeleton. Anyway, he seems to be much better now in the DT. His color is returning and he is eating much better. He even swims a little bit to chase food. My other fish and inverts are loving life right now since I am feeding the tank 2x a day as opposed to the usual once every other day. If anybody has any advice on how to fatten up a stick thin fish I would like to hear it. I am sure hoping that this guy pulls through!

your gona need to target feed him 3-4x a day try to feed vitamin rich foods, just keep on eye on your water parameters also a slightly lower SG will ease his stress

Back
Top Bottom