Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 08-20-2011, 08:51 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Midas blenny Update... Advice needed

So in the beginning of August my quarantined midas blenny suffered a large wound on his side and on part of his fin. I treated him with 2 courses of antibiotics and from what I can see the wound went from white to necrotic black and is now mostly healed. His fin is still missing a large chunk. I still have to target feed him, as he does not seem motivated to move from his spot. He does have the ability to swim. My question is that since he is mostly healed up and it has been determined that he does not have any diseases, should I try putting him in the DT? It seems that he is stressed being in this small tank. I am wondering if a bigger tank would in the long run reduce stress. What do you guys think?

Notafan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 08:55 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak
the problem with the DT tank is that he is going to have competition for food... as long as he is eating without any problems in the DT tank than you should be fine

mysticeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 06:52 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I added him to the DT on Sat. night. My QT tank is down in my basement with very low lighting. Due to my low lighting and his refusal to move from his back corner spot in the tank I was unable to see how sickly skinney he got. I knew that he hadn't been eating well, but he is almost a swimming skeleton. Anyway, he seems to be much better now in the DT. His color is returning and he is eating much better. He even swims a little bit to chase food. My other fish and inverts are loving life right now since I am feeding the tank 2x a day as opposed to the usual once every other day. If anybody has any advice on how to fatten up a stick thin fish I would like to hear it. I am sure hoping that this guy pulls through!
Notafan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 11:40 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
your gona need to target feed him 3-4x a day try to feed vitamin rich foods, just keep on eye on your water parameters also a slightly lower SG will ease his stress
Most people create their own problems by not following the basics and refusing to stock appropriate to their system. Gregcoyote 2013

SPS = Stability Promotes Success
Grizz is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com