Missing Dead Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corys510

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Why is it that all of a sudden a fish will be missing and I cannot find there corpse or anything in the tank? Is this bad to leave it in there if it is there and how should I go about finding it. I have some clown fish cleaner shrimp sand gobys and star fish
Thanks

I have no idea where your fish are going.... did you check under the starfish?? But I do know that you really don't want them in there decompozing..Or even worse if it was a boxfish or something similar they release poison when the die which will wipe out everything lock stock and barrel..

Sorry bro,

Doan

I have checked under the star fish and none of them have them. Should I move around my live rock or am I gonna freak everyone else out. They were a couple of nemo clown fishes. Any other ideas?
Thanks

How long ago did you put them in?? Also do you have alot of live rock?? Mabye they are hiding..especially if they are small.. I just know that leaving them in there to decompoze will spike your ammonia and you could have real water problems.. If they were just put in they may be just hiding..did they maybe get sucked in a powerhead or something?? Also clown fishes are real wierd about that sometimes. they tend to kinda hang around in one area more or less so maybe they are just in a spot out of sight..If they were dead I would think they would float.. I dunno I have not lost a fish yet..hmmmmm this is a mystery..Sorry I cannot be more help..

How big is your tank and how big is the fish you lost, most likely the decaying body would not be that harmful to your tank if you have a decent amount of LR and your tank is not really small.

I have been thinking about this a little more now.. Sorry I kinda droped off yesterday had work and all :) Perhaps you have a mantis shrimp.. There are a ton of people on this site who know more than I do about them there are also some good past posts so you may want to look into that..

Doan

Back
Top Bottom