Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-03-2009, 09:35 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Missing Diamond Goby!!

I've had my Diamond Goby for about 3 months now. He settled in immediately and ate the flakes and brine shrimp like a champ. He appeared to happily chomp away at the sand...sifting through it all day long!

Suddenly he's nowhere to be found. Even if he was hiding, he would always show up at dinnertime! I'm a little worried because its been about 2 days since I last saw him.

Should I wait a while before calling off the search? I don't know whether to let nature take its course if something indeed happened to him or should I pull all the LR and find him? I tested the water tonight and there's no ammonia, nitrite, or nitrate but I guess that may take a few days to show up if something happened.

I'm pretty bummed about it because I try my hardest to provide a safe and healthy environment for them and then outta the blue something like this.

He was...IS...about 3.5" long and fairly slender. He eats all the time but hasn't gained any weight!! Oh yeh, he's in a 42g with only 2 other tankmates...2 green chromis!!

Old 06-03-2009, 10:20 PM   #2
SW REEF 18+ YEARS
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award

Search the floor and if you have overflows check them. They are notorious jumpers so look good. Reason I suggested I lost mine in the overflow. Could not find him for 5 months and then I found him still alive.

SITE ADMINISTRATOR

You can view many of my fish and corals in my photo albums in my profile.

View my tank

AA Community Rules|AA TOS

Forums 101 - posting, accounts, basics
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 10:32 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

I looked for 10 minutes yesterfay to no avail. No overflows, glass cover, but lots of hiding spots!! Let's cross our fingers!!
Old 06-07-2009, 12:03 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Regular

Last night I couldn't stand it anymore...not knowing! I pulled all the LR and checked under it to see what I could find. I found at least two 6" bristle worms but no signs of a body. My tank looks like a typhoon hit!! That's ok though because I'm moving next week (finally) and will be transporting the tank.

I've been putting off buying any livestock because I sold my house and found my new one but I didn't know banks took 3 months to close on loans!!

Hopefully a few weeks of balancing itself back out and I'll be reeady to add something new!! It's sad but I guess only having 2 green chromis will be easier than moving 3 fish

Wish me luck with the move!!

Tags
goby, missing

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com