Missing Diamond Goby!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dr_Doom2

Aquarium Advice Regular
I've had my Diamond Goby for about 3 months now. He settled in immediately and ate the flakes and brine shrimp like a champ. He appeared to happily chomp away at the sand...sifting through it all day long!

Suddenly he's nowhere to be found. Even if he was hiding, he would always show up at dinnertime! I'm a little worried because its been about 2 days since I last saw him.

Should I wait a while before calling off the search? I don't know whether to let nature take its course if something indeed happened to him or should I pull all the LR and find him? I tested the water tonight and there's no ammonia, nitrite, or nitrate but I guess that may take a few days to show up if something happened.

I'm pretty bummed about it because I try my hardest to provide a safe and healthy environment for them and then outta the blue something like this. :(

He was...IS...about 3.5" long and fairly slender. He eats all the time but hasn't gained any weight!! Oh yeh, he's in a 42g with only 2 other tankmates...2 green chromis!!

Search the floor and if you have overflows check them. They are notorious jumpers so look good. Reason I suggested I lost mine in the overflow. Could not find him for 5 months and then I found him still alive.

I looked for 10 minutes yesterfay to no avail. No overflows, glass cover, but lots of hiding spots!! Let's cross our fingers!!

Last night I couldn't stand it anymore...not knowing! I pulled all the LR and checked under it to see what I could find. I found at least two 6" bristle worms but no signs of a body. My tank looks like a typhoon hit!! That's ok though because I'm moving next week (finally) and will be transporting the tank.

I've been putting off buying any livestock because I sold my house and found my new one but I didn't know banks took 3 months to close on loans!!

Hopefully a few weeks of balancing itself back out and I'll be reeady to add something new!! It's sad but I guess only having 2 green chromis will be easier than moving 3 fish :(

Wish me luck with the move!!

Back
Top Bottom