Missing Starfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Starchar

Aquarium Advice Freak
Okay so I haven't seen our starfish in a couple days. I don't understand where a blue lincka star could go in a 29 gal Biocube? He isn't a little guy and loves to hang out in the rocks but I cannot find him for the life of me. Is it possible for them to just disappear? Do they disintegrate or something?

Could he be hiding behind some of your LR? I sometimes don't see my star for days but my tank is bigger and it's a serpent.

:( Sorry to hear. I've wanted one of those stars for a while now, but I've been trying to promise myself I won't get one until I get a 125G. I do have a CC & Serpents, but was told the L starfish are a lot more sensitive to salinity changes, could that have been the culprit.

My parameters have been pretty consistent with little fluctuation. Not sure what it could have been but it is unfortunate. So sad losing stock. I am just going to monitor closely and make sure that I don't have any issues with water quality now that I have had a death. I am glad I was able to get him out of there. I don't want my seahorses to have to deal with and spikes in ammonia.

Post some pictures of your seahorses. and tell us more about them.

That size tank is just too small for a linknia star. They eat microbes in the tank and it would soon run out of them in that size tank. Most likely it starved to death. I would suggest at least a 120 gallon tank.

Back
Top Bottom