Molting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

matman

Aquarium Advice Activist
So, after a shrimp molts, is it bad to leave the shell in the tank? Because i did, and its bpretty broken down now...hoping this isnt bad.

Sometimes I remove them just for the sake of trying to dry it out and preserve it. Other times I'll leave it in there for customers and their kids to see. I have an 18 gallon reef that's been going for over three years successfully. It's on the front counter where the register is at which is in front of the store's front door. Everyone coming in and leaving sees this tank. I also have a 29 gallon at home. Again, I only take out the shedded shell if I want to try drying it out to preserve it. Otherwise...it stays in the tank and becomes part of the sandbed if not utilized by a critter.

I hav enever removed one. They disappear over a few days. Most likely as food for the smaller critters.

Don't know about in a nano, but in my tank the cleanup crew makes fast work of them. I wouldn't worry about it.

Back
Top Bottom