Monti cap bleaching

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Codyheitmiller

Aquarium Advice FINatic
For some reason all of my monti caps are bleaching, but some times the polyps will open? Any reason why? I've moved it all over the tank letting it stay in a spot for a few weeks. Even fragged a few to place for a month, and that didn't help. I'm running 15K LED Kissil lights that is = to 150w. Here are my test results.
Mag-1350
Cal-450
Ph-8.4
Phos-0.5 (just got that high this week)
Nitrate-20
Nitrite-0
Ammonia-0
Salinity-0.025
Tep-74
All my other corals seem to be doing fine...

I don't think any coral dips are going to help. How long have they been under the LED lighting? How did you acclimate them to it? What do you mean you fragged a few to place for a month?

mr_X said:
I don't think any coral dips are going to help. How long have they been under the LED lighting? How did you acclimate them to it? What do you mean you fragged a few to place for a month?

I've had it under LED's for a few months, I drip acclimated them, then set them on the bottom then moved them up. By fragging a few to place I mean I placed parts of it in different spots of the tank to try and see where it would be best for it.

Not fully bleached, and no, there all in the middle now. Still trying to find the right place but idk...

I would keep them at different parts of the tank like you started out doing, to rule out lighting and flow.

Good news guys. It's polyps are open, and getting color back. Hopefully it will turn back to purple. I'll send pictures when it looks better.

Back
Top Bottom