Montipora bleaching

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KrempelJD

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm guessing this may be the cause of my new led light and staying that light at 50 and adjusting up. I knew have the light at 20 percent and I am adjusting up from that. All other corals are in good health. The pulsing xenias are actually pulsing under the new life which they never did before.

Sent from my LGLS740 using Aquarium Advice mobile

Sent from my LGLS740 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1407201603015.jpg
    1407201603015.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 94
What is the new light and the old light? What are your parameters and tank size?
It could be the new light, but why would the coral that like less light not be effected when a coral that likes intense lighting bleach out?
Thankfully, it can recover in the shape it is in...things just need to be pristine for recovery.

I'm going to retest my parameters tomorrow. Tank size is 29 gallon. Old light 2 bulb coralife t5 fixture 62 watts total. New light 55 three watt per LEDs fixture.

Also there was a layer if mucus on it as well. Hermit crabs have most of that gone

Definitely the light. That's quite an upgrade in power

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Ya, but it was needed. My two headed frog spawn in less than a week and a half is already splitting into three heads, my green start polyps rarely came out are out everyday now. Duncan seems healthier as well as my toadstool. I'll turn the lights all the way down and see what happens

Back
Top Bottom