Montipora help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nu-Nu the eel

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys when i bought this red montipora is was a darker red and all of the little polyps were out, but now it looks to be turning a lighter red color, but all of the polyps are still out... Any help? Is this good or bad?

This is it before, and this is it now

Attachments

• image-381655029.jpg
    image-381655029.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 101
Should we move it? Im feeling we should. It has high light, medium flow at the moment. :/

Try moving a little lower, you guys have had this frag for a couple weeks or more haven't you? When did this start?

Well do you think the monti looks bad?? I only wanna move it if it looks like its bleaching or something... Any thoughts? Thanks KD!

It looks like its bleaching to me, try moving it and give it a few days and move it again if it doesn't improve. How's everything else in the tank looking?

Everything else looks good.... That coral is the highest up in the tank! Ill get you some more pics and then let you guys judge it! If it was bleaching would all of its polyps still be out?????

Hmmmmm, my green monti is up top in my tank under 6-t5 and it looks good and has been growing like a weed. It doesn't have that lush smooth look like your red in the first pic it has the nobby look like the second pic but it's still bright green and I see new polyps popping up daily. Has yours grown at all? Are all polyps open?

Yup all polyps are open and it is red, more red then the 2nd pic... Just a bad pi i think

Well here is a pic of my green I just took for you to reference. Note the rough nobby texture but it is still bright green. If yours is still red then it may not be too bad, in that pic above it looks bleached though. I actually accidentally fragged mine this past week when I epoxied it in place so now I have 2 and both have grown since.

Ya its not horrible, but it is fading a little. We moved it down a few inches, hopefully he colors up!

Ya hopefully it bounces back, I just laid waste to my torch coral. Had a few barnacles in a couple heads that I just removed in hopes of saving the heads. They were cool but not in my prized torch.

Do you know what kind of lights the frag was under in the LFS? And/or how long they had it?

I honestly have no idea, i think it was under LEDS and from my understanding, it was fragged from a larger colony... Hope that helps. All i did tonight was move it down a few inches and i can totally tell it was growing because it was encrusting over the plug. :D

Yup i hope it is doing ok!! Sorry about all the spelling mistakes on that last post.. I could hardly read it. Haha

Back
Top Bottom