Montiporia sick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steo the great

Aquarium Advice Freak
Have a green and a red montiporia coral. And have noticed the green one of late getting white around the edges and some blackening of the tips of the montiporia. Does anyone know whats happening here.

Are my lights to bright or something.

Attachments

• image-3549231295.jpg
    image-3549231295.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 83
No worries white along the edges indicate growth all of mine have the same thing and they are growing at a super fast pace

No worries white along the edges indicate growth all of mine have the same thing and they are growing at a super fast pace
See the bit at the back that looks slightly purple. That's bleached a good bit though.

And should I turn my light intensity down donyou think?

See the bit at the back that looks slightly purple. That's bleached a good bit though.

And should I turn my light intensity down donyou think?

It almost looks like it is losing flesh. Have you seen any bare spots appearing at the base of it? If so it could be stn.

Whats stn. Strontium. And nothing at the base just at the edges. And this is how green it was at the start.

Attachments

• image-3006035310.jpg
    image-3006035310.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 44
Whats stn. Strontium. And nothing at the base just at the edges. And this is how green it was at the start.

Stn is slow tissue necrosis where flesh just kinda starts falling off. However, judging by the second picture it looks like the monti is just bleaching in the first picture. Maybe dial the lights back some.

Yeah I turned them down quiet a bit hopefully they get enough now lol. Thanks for all the comment. I hope the black dots where not eggs and maybe a bit of burning. Lol thanks again

Back
Top Bottom