moorish idol

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is it the yellow one?
Just kidding... Nice I wish you and the moorish the best of luck.

yeah the yellow one likes to follow her everywhere around the tank i think it is to get away from the powder blue tang

Update please....

Hello

I am curious on the status of your Idol. Is it still alive and well? If you are able to keep it alive, eating and thriving, you have just crushed a myth that they are impossible spieces for home aquarium. I believe it is due to the type of diet that they require. In public aquariums I see them all over the place (Georgia Aquarium in Atlanta for an example). DP

sorry it took so long for me to get back to you but yes she is still thriveing and ruleing my tank thank you for the conserns

I feed her 3 times a day in the morning i feed myses shrimp in the afternoon i feed formula two green flakes and at night i feed a fresh clam that i chop up really small

Hello

I am curious on the status of your Idol. Is it still alive and well? If you are able to keep it alive, eating and thriving, you have just crushed a myth that they are impossible spieces for home aquarium. I believe it is due to the type of diet that they require. In public aquariums I see them all over the place (Georgia Aquarium in Atlanta for an example). DP

I woulnd't say that the "myth" has been crushed yet, it has only been a couple months. This is great news that it is thriving and I think you are doing good by feeding it 3-times per day, that may be one of the tricks to a true long term success.

I agree. No myth has been crushed yet. Tell me in a year and then we will think about it.

No I agree I would not say a myth has been crushed, all I know is I am happy to wake up everyday and see that she is still swimming. That is my fear that she will not be there to greet me in the morning.

Well, it seems to me that you are giving this fish it's due and you should be commended for it. From what I have read, this fishes diet has lots of sponges and things that are hard for a Reefer to replicate at this point in time. If your fish has made the leap....Props my friend, Props

Well, it seems to me that you are giving this fish it's due and you should be commended for it. From what I have read, this fishes diet has lots of sponges and things that are hard for a Reefer to replicate at this point in time. If your fish has made the leap....Props my friend, Props

If your fish is living, eating and does not show signs of regression, there is no reason why it should not live out its life in captivity. DP

there is no reason why it should not live out its life in captivity.

as opposed to what?

Back
Top Bottom