moorish idol

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rob_mango

Aquarium Advice Addict
well i have been gone for a while buying a house and now that i got my 240 gallon tank ready i am back, and now i went out and got the hardest fish to keep a moorish idol i have had her for a week now and she is eating like a horse, but i was woundering she got popeye and i am treating her with maracyn-two in my qt tank but i was woundering how long it takes to clear up the pack says to treat for 5 days but what if its not clear is it ok to treat it longer i have noticed that it is getting better but she has been medicated for 3 day already and i dont think 2 more will clear it up if some one knows please tell me

Moved to sick fish forum. I have usually found frequent PWC`s and pristine water conditions to help with cloudy eye and pop eye. I agree the the fish is the hardest of all to keep.

What in the world made you decide on a Moorish Idol on what seems to be a new setup?

i went with a moorish idol cuz thay r one of the hardest fish to keep and i want to show myself that i can do it and my tank has been up and running for 3 months but she is in qt right now and will stay there for 4 more weeks

3 months is no where near an "established" tank. Very few people can keep them successfully and IMO they are better not collected.

ok i guess i havent made myself clear so for everyone that is agenst owning a moorish idol my tank has been up and running for 3 months at my new house but if you look back at info here i had it up and going for some time b4 that and like i stated b4 the idol will stay in qt for 4 more weeks b4 i even think of moveing it to the display tank and i am not worried that she will starve to death cuz she eats like a horse if you get them to eat thay will have a 75% chance of survivale so dont come one my thred and tell me not to have one cuz you think no one should.

I very clearly stated that it was my opinion. One I have a right to express, just as you have the right to keep a fish that may die.

so dont come one my thred and tell me not to have one cuz you think no one should.

Everyone has the right to post their opinion. The purpose for asking for replies to your thread is to find out other views and experiences.Dont get upset because someone elses post does not agree with you. Accept the ones you think are viable and reject the ones that you think are not. It`s that easy. All views can posted on this thread. Not just the ones you like.

Well said Mike, that said...back to the moorish idol!!! What are you feeding it(this may help someone in the future) and how often? I read that they feed on lots of sponges in the wild, is that true?

i am feeding her fresh clams, and she is loveing the formula two flakes, i feed her small amounts 3 times a day, her one eye that had the problem has cleared up very nicely. i am sorry for geting up set it is just i have never said anything negitive about anything that someone has said thay r doing, all i was hopeing for was helpfull advice

At the end of treatment give the animal a week before retreating. If the animal does not seem to heal you're better off with Baytril imo. Keep the water changes up.

They are beautiful fish. Good luck and keep us posted.

what is baytril Innovator i have never herd of that but like i have said she is looking really good and i hope to have a pic. very soon so every one can see how well she is doing

Just wanted to let everyone know the the morish idol is doing great and i still need to get pics up soon of how pretty she is

Just wanted to let everyone know the the morish idol is doing great and i still need to get pics up soon of how pretty she is

Good job. They live to a regular lifespan of 2-4 years in the wild. At least 23+ months to go.... I do wish you luck and look forward to updates. :)

Back
Top Bottom