Mouth Rot Fungus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishFanaticSyd

Aquarium Advice Activist
My Coral Beauty angel has a small amount of mouth fungus, and my Royal Gramma seems to have almost invisible grayish patches on his scales. Is this something to worry about and treat or will they recover on their own?

Fungus is rare in saltwater, but not unheard of. It could more likely be a parasite or bacterial infection.
Start with a freshwater dip to address the issue. It might require setting up a hospital tank to treat with a copper based medication.
Can you tell us the current parameters in the tank, recent changes, and possibly get a picture?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Last time I checked the water, I had low nitrites and nitrates, like less then 20ppm and .25ppm. No ammonia, ph 8.2, specific gravity 1.019 like always. Temperature 74-76 degrees Fahrenheit. What size tank do I need for a freshwater bath? Will a one gallon work? That's what Ive got. I am also repairing a cracked 10 gallon that could be ready in 1.5 days at best, it will probably take me longer to repair. I don't have a heater for the 10, though I do have a 2.5 to 5 gallon rated heater I'm not using. I do not have any copper based medication. In best case scenario I could maybe-MAYBE have some by monday or tuesday. This is my first case of anything I've ever had to treat in marine fish, though I have cured mild freshwater fin rot once successfully before. Ideas are welcome!

I left the 'fungus' for 2 days and it cleared up on its own. I am thinking that was from me stupidly leaving lettuce in the tank for a week?

Back
Top Bottom