Moving Quarantine fish To Main Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LouieB

Aquarium Advice Regular
I had to move all my fish to quarantine due to Ick :mad: (fallow main 8-10 weeks). In the end is it possible to move them back without acclimation? Do I need only to adjust Ph, Salinity, and temp to match display tank, or is there more to it? Thanks.... Lou

I had to move all my fish to quarantine due to Ick :mad: (fallow main 8-10 weeks). In the end is it possible to move them back without acclimation? Do I need only to adjust Ph, Salinity, and temp to match display tank, or is there more to it? Thanks.... Lou

Nope that's it as long as ALL parameters are the same. Of course I would turn off the lights.

I agree, if you did the hypo correctly (you will want to get the same salinity, temp and pH) to the same specs of your main tank you won't have to re-acclimate them to the main.

Well I'm at 45 days now and I am going to go 10 weeks just to be sure before they go back into the main display. I also left the UV on. It was a job to catch them but well worth it, they are all QT in a 55 gal in my kitchen (Thank god my wife is into this... So no problem there!) They all look wonderful and no one died. I will be a happy camper when this is all over, I will also be QT any new added corals in the future. That's how I feel it all started because I always QT new fish for 4 weeks when I get them home.
Thanks for all the replies..... LOU.

Lou, props for patience! This is a great example of husbandry! I hope it works out for you.

It's hard to qt corals unless you have the lights for the qt tank too. Acclimation and rinse outside of the tank is about all I do for new corals these days. A good swish in aged tank water and then in it goes.

Congrats on doing it the right way (IMHO).

It's hard to qt corals unless you have the lights for the qt tank too. Acclimation and rinse outside of the tank is about all I do for new corals these days. A good swish in aged tank water and then in it goes.

Congrats on doing it the right way (IMHO).

I hope this continues to work out. Even high light demanding corals can be maintained for a short period under lesser lights. I kept acros under PC lights for almost 4 weeks while in a QT situation.

Get red bugs or coral eating nudis and you will QT everything after that!

Thanks. I may re-think my position. Of course getting corals from Ziggy or the Drs. helps in that regard.

Back
Top Bottom