mushroom coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

navek

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, having problems with my mushroom corals, I'm new to this and wondering why my mushrooms have shrunk and some are dropping off. I'm running a fish and coral tank, all the fish seem to be fine, ammonia is good, lighting is good, just have problems with the mushrooms. All advice would be very welcome, thank you :(

We need to know the #'s. parameter readings , what type of lights you are running. How long has the mushrooms been in your tank, where are they located, what type of flow you have in your tank.

Go ahead and answer all of these that you can, and we will be able to help you a lot more effectively. Please post current levels, not last time you tested.

1. Type of sick coral:
2. How long you have had coral:
3. Tank size:
4. Tank age:
5. Current lighting:
6. How old are bulbs:
7. Ammonia:
8. Nitrite:
9. Nitrate:
10. Calcium:
11. Phosphate:
12. Alkalinity:
13. pH:
14. Salinity:
15. Temperature:
16. Liquid or strip test kits:
17. Location in tank:
18. Current amount of flow:
19. Current dosing regimen:
20. Other coral in tank:
21. Other fish in tank:
22. What you have tried up until this point to treat:

Have the mg aqua one 150watt halide and two 24 watt actinics. plus i have a extra t5, marine blue54w , my salt levels are around 1022, but will have to get back to you on the ph and nitrite as need to do the test again but last time all was good , flow rate is good , have move them away from the main flow , plus these have only been in my tank a few days
many thanks

If they came out of a tank with low light, and you put them into your tank near the top, sometimes they will detach themselves to float around and find a better place. You have to gradually adjust all coral to different lighting conditions.

Answer what you can above after you test, but my guess is you will have to just rubberband it back on a rock and set it in the bottom of your tank for a bit for it to reattach and photo-acclimate.

many thanks jimbo7 will take advice and get back to you once all test are done
cheers again

I kind of think that`s it`s about the lighting. It might be too much light. They are low to medium light corals.

Back
Top Bottom