Mushroom help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

caylor24

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm having problems with my shrooms. I can't get them to stand up. They seem to look fine. They just won't stand up. All my levels are fine in the tank. They're in Medium current, mid level. Anyone have any suggestions?

Not sure what you mean by stand up? Please post your tank parameters and lighting. Sometimes a picture can tell a thousand words.

Welcome to AA :wave:

Yeah, I don't know what you mean by stand up. Mushrooms lay close to the rock or whatever they are on. I think the only time a mushroom will "stand up" or show it's stem, is if it's reaching for light.

I have 4x65w Powercompacts and salinity is at 1.022. Nitrate and nitrite are both at zero. are they not supposed to stand up on there stalks a little bit?

No, you have plenty of light for mushrooms. I would slowly raise the salinity to 1.025 with the next few water changes. They shouldn't be showing their stalks unless they aren't getting enough light.

Oh. OK. thanks for the info. What about the water flow? and do I have enough light for my gnoronia

Oh. OK. thanks for the info. What about the water flow? and do I have enough light for my bubble coral?

Yes, a bubble coral should do ok. I have the same light setup on my 55 and I have softies and LPS. I have four ph in my tank for waterflow. Two in back and two out front. Not sure what a gnoronia is so I can't help ya there.

Back
Top Bottom