I just got my first mushrooms 2 days ago. They immediately opened up and have been very responsive and healthy looking except the ones closest (6-8") to the lights have turned a little brown instead of the flourescent green they were under the LFS
' halides. Are they healthy, am I sunburning them, are they sick, or maybe just acclimating?
My lights are currently 2x110w VHO
Actinic White, 2x36w NO
on a 55 gal
Here's the lights if you're interested http://www.whack.org/~dan/fish/P1010008.JPG
I'm not dosing any chemicals. Just RO
water and Instant Ocean. My local water keeps the pH at 8.4 and hardness at about 10-14. I was considering adding some iodine and reef calcium.
Everything else in the tank is healthy, although algae growth (the fuzzy purple stuff) has dropped off a lot in the last week. I think my new bristleworm population
is eating it or something?