Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-09-2008, 01:10 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

Maybe I will try to remove it later. I hope it would reattach, but I guess it is good to try instead of letting it wither.

Do you really think the white on the edge of the ricordea is indicitive of a chem battle?

25% PWC maybe will help, which I will do today or tomorrow.

Old 04-09-2008, 01:12 PM   #12
AA Team Emeritus

I agree with Lindsay. Take the rock out of the tank to work on it. I use a large bowl to hold it while it's out of the tank. Then remove the rock, cut the mushroom at teh base where it's attached. I use bridal veil to hold it against a piece of rock rubble or another small rock. I either rubberband the bridal veil or crazy glue it to the rock. All goes back into the tank. Place in an area of low flow. You can remove the bridal veil in about 2 weeks and the mushroom should have attached.

What kind of flow is it getting now? I had some shrooms shrivel when a ph was moved and they got too much flow. Some detached and attached in another part of the tank. Some just shriveled up. Where once there was one, now there are several colonies.

cmor1701d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 01:17 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

they arent getting too much flow. They barely move.

hmm... cmor - how would I attach the mush to the veil itself? Gee all of this seems like kinda complicated to me lol I am a newbie but am willing to try.
Old 04-09-2008, 08:44 PM   #14
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Devilishturtles
You don't want to attach the shroom to the veil itself, but rather use the veil to hold it down. Like glue on the outsides of the veil or rubberband the outsides of the veil. I've found supergluing the mushroom right to a rock works too, though is a bit more "invasive" then the veil method. Or, you can try and chisel away a piece of rock that the mushroom is attached to and just relocate the piece of rock by gluing it down directly.

Live in the Western MD/West Virginia/DC Metro Area?
Join our very active regional forum Here

Like the advice someone just gave you? Add to their reputation! Click on the balance icon underneath their username and let them know.
Devilishturtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 09:21 PM   #15
AA Team Emeritus

Linday of course is right. But I have had trouble gluing a shroom directly to a rock. They never stick for me
cmor1701d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 09:50 PM   #16
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Devilishturtles
I love the bridal veil idea, that is one I had never heard of before!

Live in the Western MD/West Virginia/DC Metro Area?
Join our very active regional forum Here

Like the advice someone just gave you? Add to their reputation! Click on the balance icon underneath their username and let them know.
Devilishturtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 02:27 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Freak

just an update... those mushrooms all died, grew fuzzy, and fell off.

the big mushroom is growing huge very quickly though. i wish i could say i learned something from this experience lol but it pretty much is still a mystery to me

Tags
mushrooms, shrooms

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com