My anthias tail tips have gone black???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pomme

Aquarium Advice Freak
My anthias tail tips have gone black???

Is this anything to be worried about?

0251.jpg

0252.jpg

0253.jpg

0254.jpg

Andrew

To me he doesnt seem to be showing any signs of stress such as poor color or spots. Is he eating well? If so, I would just watch him. You might want to post this over in the disease sections. I have never heard of a disease that causes the tips of the fins to turn black like that. On the other hand, I have never seen a Bartlets anthias w/ black tipped fins either.

Just watch him...

I wouldnt worry about him then. That is usually one of the first things to go when there is a problem. He may be just a slightly different breed. It sounds odd, but its not uncommon. For example...the Fox face. Everyone knows what the common one looks like. The less common one has a black spot on his upper flank.

I think your anthias looks pretty cool like that! Maybe his mom cross bred w/ a black tipped shark! :mrgreen:

just weird as it was normal then overnight it went dark. made me worried 8O 8O 8O

but i got to thinking it could be something to do with it changing sex? what do you reckon?

Back
Top Bottom